- To establish, maintain and strengthen relations between archivists of all countries in the region, and between all institutions, professional bodies and organizations which are concerned with the custody, organization or administration of archives;
- To promote all measures for the preservation, protection and defence against all maner of hazards of archival heritage of the region, and to further the progress of all aspects of the administration and preservation of these archives;
- To facilitate the use of archives of the region by making them more widely known and by encouraging greater ease of access;
- To promote, organize and co-ordinate activities in the field or archives in the region;
- To sponsor professional training of archivists in the region;
- To co-operate other organizations or institutions concerned with the documentation of human experience, and the used of the documentation for the benefit of mankind;
- To generally executive out the aims and objectives of International Council on Archives.