The organization of SARBICA comprises the following components :
- The General Conference is held once every two years. The policies and operational procedures of SARBICA are determined at this Conference where the Executive Board Members are also elected by delegates from the various member countries. More info>>
- The executive Board, which meets once every year is responsible for the execution of resolutions, adopted at the general Conference. More info>>
- Since 1968, the Secretariat has been located at the National Archives of Malaysia in Kuala Lumpur. More info>>
- Each National Member shall make such arrangements as necessary to suit its particular situation for the purpose of bringing its principal bodies interested in the activities of SARBICA into a broadly representative national organization.
- The General Conference shall approve and give final effect to the budget and to the apportionment of financial responsibility among the National Members.
- The treasurer, with the approval of the Executive Board, may receive gifts, bequests and subventions directly from International organizations, governments, public and private institutions, associations and individuals.
- The Treasurer shall present to the Executive Board an annual Statement of Accounts, copies of which shall be furnished to the National Members of SARBICA.
- SARBICA shall publish an archives journal at least once a year.
- The Executive Board shall appoint an Editor who may or may not be a member of the Executive Board. The Editor shall be assisted by an Editorial Committee.
- Proposals for amendments to this Constitution shall become effective upon receiving the approval of the General Conference by a two-thirds majority. The draft texts of proposed amendments shall be communicated by the Secretary-General to the National Members at least three months in advance for consideration by the General Conference.
- The English text of this Constitution shall be regarded as authoritative.
- Any question or dispute concerning the interpretation of this Constitution shall be determined by the General Conference under its rules of procedure.
Last Updated (Wednesday, 29 May 2013 09:37)