The Executive Board shall be elected by the General Conference from among the delegates appointed by the national members. It shall consist of a chairman, a Vice-Chairman, a Secretary-General and a Treasurer, and as many other members as necessary to represent each country on the Executive Board.
Members of the Executive Board shall serve from the close of the session of the General Conference with elected them until the close of the next ordinary session. The incumbent officers shall be eligible for re-election to the same office, but shall not serve consecutively for more than two terms in the said same office.
In the event of the death or resignation of a member of the Executive Board, the vacancy for the remainder of this term shall be filled bt appointed of the Executive Board after consultation with and upon the recommendation of the national member concerned.
The Executive Board shall prepare the agenda for the General Conference and shall recommend the programme for work and corresponding budget estimates.
The Executive Board shall be responsible for the execution of the programme adopted by the General Conference.
The Executive Board shall recommend to the General Conference the admission of new national members to SARBICA.
- Subject to decisions of the General Conference, the Executive Board shall adopt its own rules of procedure.
- The Executive Board shall meet in regular session at least once a year and may meet in special session if convoked by the Chairman on his own initiative of upon the request of the majority members of the Executive Board.
- The Executive Board shall send a report on its activities since the last General Conference Assembly of the International Council on Archives to reach the Secretary-General of the International Council on Archives three months before the date fixed for its next General Assembly.
- The Chairman shall be an ex-officio member of the Executive Committee of the International Council on Archives.
- Although the members of the Executive Board are representatives of their respective Governments, they shall exercise the powers delegated to them by the General Conference on behalf of SARBICA as a whole.
The presence of two-thirds of the members at a meeting of the Executive Board shall constitute a quorum.